Added in 2002, our beautiful disc golf course at the Avalanche Preserve Recreation Area in Boyne City, Michigan was in disrepair and needed some love. Trash and vandalism had become a big issue, and navigation was difficult for players who were unfamiliar with the course. We formed the Boyne Valley Disc Golf Club in 2013 in order to protect, maintain, and improve this wonderful asset to our community. We promote responsible game play, good etiquette, and keeping the course clean and safe for all park users. Our mission statement also includes growing the sport and volunteering to help other local clubs and courses.
Club Charter and More Club Stuff Find Us on Facebook
Address = Boyne Valley Disc Golf Club, PO Box 712, Boyne City, MI 49712-0712
Email = firstname.lastname@example.org
Club Director = Jason McCary, 231-459-8527, email@example.com
Rob Wiltjer, 231-675-4623, firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary & Webmaster = Forrest Omland, 231-350-3660, email@example.com
We're always looking for new members! Detailed membership page coming soon. In the meantime just email us for more info. Annual dues are just a $5 donation to the club.
Club & Course Progress
2013 First Year Accomplishments
- Established a good relationship with the Boyne City Parks & Recreation Commission.
- Grew club to 35+ members and held weekly league play on Wednesday nights.
- Created scorecards and made them available at the main welcome sign.
- Provided additional trash barrels along the course (one for every hole).
- Touched up paint on the original baskets and repaired badly damaged basket #6.
- Added 14 new "next tee" navigation posts.
- Improved several gravel tee boxes by adding new log frames.
- Added plastic tree protection on holes #3 and #7.
- Installed 4'x6' rubber tee pad mats on holes #12 and #18.
- Received city budget proposal approval for 10 new baskets.
- Hosted our first annual "Haunted Hyzer" disc golf tournament in October.
- Improved the course ranking on Disc Golf Scene from #99 to #57 in Michigan.
- Grew club to 70+ members and continued weekly league play on Wednesday nights.
- Installed 10 new Discraft Chainstar baskets (front nine holes + practice basket).
- Adjusted all baskets to the correct height and added new number stickers.
- Made a new path from hole #1 to #2 coming up from behind the tee pad.
- Added a new tee pad on hole #2 using concrete pavers (trial material for evaluation).
- Provided additional log benches along the course (one for every hole).
- Hosted another very successful "Haunted Hyzer" tournament in October.
- Added Avalanche to the Northern Waters Disc Golf Series schedule for 2015.
- Course ranked #39 in Michigan on Disc Golf Scene with 73 reviews on 12/5/14.
2015 Goals and Ideas
- Finish replacing all of the tee signs. IN PROCESS
- Help the city repair or replace the large welcome sign in the parking lot.
- Request 3, 6, or 9 additional baskets for the course.
- Get approval and funding to install cement tee pads on at least 9 of the holes.
- Get the course map corrected and information updated on various websites.
- Host a "Trilogy Challenge" tournament in July.
- Host a third annual "Haunted Hyzer" tournament in October.
- Be among the top 35 ranked Michigan courses on www.discgolfscene.com.
What's Going On
- Avalanche League Play $5
8-week fall league = Wednesday nights at 5:30 pm from 8/27/14 through 10/15/14 alternating between singles and doubles.
Wed 08/27 (D) Wed 09/24 (D)
Wed 09/03 (S) Wed 10/01 (S)
Wed 09/10 (D) Wed 10/08 (D)
Wed 09/17 (S) Wed 10/15 (S)
THANK YOU B.C. PIZZA FOR BEING A LEAGUE & TOURNAMENT SPONSOR!
See you in spring 2015!
- 2015 Club Meeting Schedule
Tuesday 02/03 Tuesday 08/04
Tuesday 04/07 Tuesday 10/06
Tuesday 06/02 Tuesday 12/01
1st Tuesday of every other month.
6:00pm at Avalanche Preserve.
Additional meetings held as needed.
Agendas and minutes available below.
04/01/14 Meeting Agenda 04/01/14 Meeting Minutes 05/06/14 Meeting Agenda 05/06/14 Meeting Minutes 05/06/14 Club Newsletter 06/03/14 Meeting Agenda 07/17/14 Club Update For BCPRC 08/05/14 Meeting Agenda 08/05/14 Meeting Minutes 11/06/14 Club Update For BCPRC 12/04/14 Meeting Agenda 12/04/14 Meeting Minutes
- Club Logo Designs By Ethan Knott
- New Tee Signs By Jason McCary
2014 Club Members (76)
- Gary Bruce
- Zac Cauchy
- Jerrica Connole
- Dave D'Amour
- Corey Eaton
- Alyssa Ellsworth
- Logan Erber
- Ric Evans
- Andy Frykberg
- Bill Fuller
- Dave Fuller
- Amy Gee
- Jim Gee
- Cory Glomski
- Jennifer Goodwin
- David Gross
- Scott Gross
- Mike Grubaugh
- Marc Hamlin
- Adam Hillsamer
- Aaron Himmelspach
- Patrick Hood
- Joe Houser
- Adam Hubble
- Chad Jones
- Sam Kantola
- Ryan Kasper
- Adam Katz
- Ethan Knott
- Rick Kole
- Brian Kuhs
- Todd Lewis
- Jason Loving
- Eric Lucyk
- Erik Lundwall
- Mike Madison
- Raechel Massey
- Jason McCary
- Amanda McVannel
- Jill McNamara
- Robyen Meneley
- Daryl Michael
- Cole Morison
- Justin Mosley
- David Myers
- Wayne Nelson
- Forrest Omland
- Charlie Pennington
- Tom Pluister
- Chance Randall
- Adam Raphael
- Jesse Reda
- Nick Rockey
- Josh Romstadt
- Sean Russell
- Stephanie Seeley
- Beau Tillotson
- Matt Toy
- Joshua Siwek
- Tyler Skea
- Roy Smithkey
- Tom Snider
- Chris Stone
- Aaron Sulak
- Bill Towne
- Alissa Urman
- Jenna Urman
- Todd Urman
- Erik Van Horn
- Russ Van Horn
- Keith Warner
- Rochelle Wieber
- Jeremy Wiesenauer
- Rob Wiltjer
- Jonathan Winslow
- Dan Wolven
- Italics = Founding Club Member
- Bold = Honorary Lifetime Member
Avalanche Hole #3
Hanson Hills Hole #10
Hickory Hills Hole #24
Avalanche Hole #3
Log Lake Hole #9