Added in 2002, our beautiful disc golf course at the Avalanche Preserve Recreation Area in Boyne City, Michigan was in disrepair and needed some love. Trash and vandalism had become a big issue, and navigation was difficult for players who were unfamiliar with the course. We formed the Boyne Valley Disc Golf Club in 2013 in order to protect, maintain, and improve this wonderful asset to our community. We promote responsible game play, good etiquette, and keeping the course clean and safe for all park users. Our mission statement also includes growing the sport and volunteering to help other local clubs and courses.
Club Charter and More Club Stuff Find Us on Facebook
Email = firstname.lastname@example.org
Club Director = Jason McCary, 231-459-8527, email@example.com
Rob Wiltjer, 231-675-4623, firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary & Webmaster = Forrest Omland, 231-350-3660, email@example.com
We're always looking for new members! Detailed membership page coming soon. In the meantime just email us for more info. Annual dues are just a $5 donation to the club.
Club & Course Progress
2013 First Year Accomplishments
- Established a good relationship with the Boyne City Parks & Recreation Commission and with the Boyne City Parks Department (Maintenance).
- Grew club to 35+ members and held weekly league play on Wednesday nights.
- Made scorecards available at the main welcome sign and on our website.
- Provided lots of additional trash barrels out on the course (one for every hole).
- Numbered each of the 18 basket poles.
- Added 14 new "next tee" navigation posts with arrows.
- Touched up paint on the original baskets and repaired badly damaged basket #6.
- Prompted the city to have several large downed trees cleared from hole #8.
- Improved several gravel tee boxes by adding new log frames.
- Added plastic tree protection on hole #3 and #7.
- Installed 4'x6' rubber tee pads on holes #12 and #18 for trial surface player feedback.
- Started replacing all of the tee signs with new wooden routered ones.
- Received city budget proposal approval for 10 new baskets in 2014.
- Bettered the DiscGolfScene course ranking from #99 to #57 by the end of Sept.
- Hosted the Haunted Hyzer disc golf tournament in October (the first in many years).
2014 Goals and Ideas
- Install 10 new Discraft Chainstar baskets (front nine holes + practice basket). DONE
- Make a new path from hole #1 to #2 coming up from behind the tee pad. DONE
- Adjust all 18 baskets to be the same height and add new labels. DONE
- Finish replacing all of the tee signs.
- Add more log benches to the course (one for every hole).
- Help the city repair or replace the large welcome sign in the parking lot.
- Try other tee pad materials on a trial basis (diamond dust, concrete pavers, etc.).
- Hold another Haunted Hyzer tournament in October.
- Lobby to be part of the Northern Waters Disc Golf Series in 2015.
- Draft proposals for possibly adding 3, 6, or 9 more holes to the course in 2015.
- Be among the top 50 ranked Michigan courses on www.discgolfscene.com. DONE
2015 Goals and Ideas
- Get the course map corrected and information updated on various websites.
- Add a few optional tee pads so that some holes could have long and short tee boxes.
- Hold another Haunted Hyzer and possibly a Mushroom Festival weekend event as well.
- Be among the top 40 ranked Michigan courses on www.discgolfscene.com.
What's Going On
- Avalanche League Play $5
8-week fall league = Wednesday nights at 5:30 pm from 8/27/14 through 10/15/14 alternating between singles and doubles.
Wed 08/27 (D) Wed 09/24 (D)
Wed 09/03 (S) Wed 10/01 (S)
Wed 09/10 (D) Wed 10/08 (D)
Wed 09/17 (S) Wed 10/15 (S)
THANK YOU B.C. PIZZA FOR BEING A LEAGUE & TOURNAMENT SPONSOR!
- 2014 Club Meeting Schedule
1st Tuesday of each month, 6:00pm at Avalanche Preserve in Boyne City.
Tuesday 04/01 Tuesday 08/05
Tuesday 05/06 Tuesday 09/02
Tuesday 06/03 Tuesday 10/07
Tuesday 07/01 Tuesday 11/04
Any changes will be posted here. Click on club agendas or minutes below to view.
04/01/14 Meeting Agenda 04/01/14 Meeting Minutes
05/06/14 Meeting Agenda 05/06/14 Meeting Minutes 05/06/14 Club Newsletter
06/03/14 Meeting Agenda
07/17/14 Club Update For BCPRC
08/05/14 Meeting Agenda 08/05/14 Meeting Minutes
- Club Logo Designs By Ethan Knott
- New Tee Signs By Jason McCary
2014 Club Members (68)
- Gary Bruce
- Zac Cauchy
- Jerrica Connole
- Dave D'Amour
- Corey Eaton
- Logan Erber
- Andy Frykberg
- Bill Fuller
- Dave Fuller
- Cory Glomski
- Jennifer Goodwin
- David Gross
- Scott Gross
- Mike Grubaugh
- Marc Hamlin
- Adam Hillsamer
- Aaron Himmelspach
- Patrick Hood
- Joe Houser
- Adam Hubble
- Sam Kantola
- Ryan Kasper
- Adam Katz
- Ethan Knott
- Rick Kole
- Brian Kuhs
- Todd Lewis
- Jason Loving
- Eric Lucyk
- Erik Lundwall
- Mike Madison
- Raechel Massey
- Jason McCary
- Amanda McVannel
- Jill McNamara
- Robyen Meneley
- Daryl Michael
- Cole Morison
- Justin Mosley
- David Myers
- Wayne Nelson
- Forrest Omland
- Charlie Pennington
- Tom Pluister
- Chance Randall
- Adam Raphael
- Jesse Reda
- Nick Rockey
- Josh Romstadt
- Stephanie Seeley
- Beau Tillotson
- Joshua Siwek
- Tyler Skea
- Roy Smithkey
- Tom Snider
- Chris Stone
- Aaron Sulak
- Bill Towne
- Alissa Urman
- Jenna Urman
- Todd Urman
- Erik Van Horn
- Russ Van Horn
- Keith Warner
- Rochelle Wieber
- Rob Wiltjer
- Jonathan Winslow
- Dan Wolven
- Italics = Founding Club Member
- Bold = Honorary Lifetime Member
Avalanche Hole #7, flick shot
River Road Hole #8, Opto Villain
Avalanche Hole #3
Hanson Hills Hole #10
Hickory Hills Hole #24